Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Starz: Crane #4

I had a false start on that "I feel so much better!" but I seem to be coming round again. Sorry for the long absence! I am okay, at least long enough to make this entry.  Which I am determined to do!  *poses* I always want these posts to be good, or at least better than my personal blog posts.

Every time I talk to Starz (which isn't her real name, by the way) I'm always impressed that she's as hearty as she is.  The woman blogs about how one of her kidneys has died, her cancer is getting bigger, or she needs surgery on an aortic aneurysm, but somehow she still manages to volunteer at a women's shelter, write stories, and offer a kind word to pretty much everyone.  Starz needs your prayers, because she is a wonderful person who has been through a lot of health issues in the last few years.

Here is the crane and basket I made for Starz:



I picked this prayer for her because she already has a good grasp on it!  I almost feel like this prayer is a message from her to others rather than a message to her.  Regardless, here is the prayer I decided on for her:

Life is short and we have not too much time
for gladdening the hearts of those
who are traveling the dark way with us.
Oh, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind.


Starz is a wonderful storyteller, and I'm always impressed with the depth of her tales, most of which are from experiences in her life.  She also writes good short fiction pieces!  At first, I wasn't sure whether to believe them; they were so incredible.  But after I got to know her I knew they were true.  If you heard her stories, you would respect her as much as I do.  But I think her stories are so personal they are only for her to tell.

Starz will be going through surgery soon, so if everyone could keep her in their prayers, that would be wonderful.  She has also lost some people in the recent months, so if you could pray for them and their families, too, that would be a big help.

In addition, if you have the means, please donate to cancer cure research.  Imagine how many lives will be changed or saved when they find the cure  I know that everyone knows about cancer--it's everywhere.  I have relatives who have died of cancer.  I doubt there are many people who don't know somebody who is a survivor, or who has passed away due to the illness.  Even if you can't donate, you can still protect yourself by learning how to reduce your cancer risk.

Starz, I hope you have a wonderful new year, much better than the year before.  Barring that, I wish you happiness in adversity. :)

Finally I haven't sent any cranes yet.  I'm homebound or bedbound most days, and don't drive due to seizures and neuro problems.  So anywhere I want to go I need a ride and a good health day.  Soon I hope I'll be able to go buy some little boxes, and the shipping can start! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ariel, my crane and her nest are absolutely gorgeous. And you could not have picked a better poem! I have to admit, I cried when I read this. It has touched me deeply, as did your efforts to just make my crane and put all of this together in spite of your own illness. Thank you, too, for the wonderful complements about the stories from my past. Somehow, it makes it all seem worthwhile. You, my dear, are a most precious and wonderful person, and I am grateful we are in each others lives.Thank you for being you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Aw, I'm glad that you like it, and the poem, but I'm sorry that I made you cry. I really do think everything you write is worthwhile. And, I like your stories whenever you post a new one. They are even more fantastical because they are true. *hugs you* <3 I hope your surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete