Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jordan: Crane #5

I was very touched to hear about an LLMD's (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor) daughter Jordan's battle with leukemia.  I'm pretty sure posting his name would be alright, because he appears in Under Our Skin, but I didn't just in case. This is my first entry about somebody I've never met, so I am a bit nervous about it.  I don't have any personal anecdotes to tell you!  I just know she seems like a sweet, strong little girl and her family seems wonderful as well.

This is the crane I made for Jordan.  The crane is yellowish-orange because orange is the ribbon color for leukemia, and the basket is green because green is the color for Lyme disease.  I would not have known to make a crane for her at all without her father's work in Lyme Disease.


I was also not sure what prayer to pick for Jordan, because I was not sure if her family is religious, or what type of religion they are!  Tracing back through my Unitarian upbringing, I found this prayer, which spoke to me and will hopefully speak to Jordan and her family as well.

There is love
Holding me.
There is love
Holding you.
There is love
Holding all.
I rest
In this love.

     -Rebecca Parker, Unitarian Universalist

I have very important, tangible thing that everyone can do for Jordan--really, for countless people who are looking for bone marrow donors.  Jordan's family has requested that anybody who can (which doesn't include Lyme patients or other sickly ones!) register with the National Marrow Donor Program's Be the Match Registry.  Jordan has not found a match yet, so if you would be willing to do that for her, that would be amazing.  Even if you can't be Jordan's match, you could be the match for somebody else.

In short, spare a little room in your thoughts or prayers for Jordan and her family right now.

I actually DO feel a lot better right now.  So maybe more posts soon? Of course that's normal with me though, oh, I feel better now!  Oh, nevermind, I can't get up.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment