Friday, February 4, 2011

#13 Chrissy and #14 Bev

Bev and Chrissy are a mother and daughter from the area who I've come to know, as well as Bev's husband.  Since I became ill, they have been unfathomably kind.  I am one of those people who hates asking for help, but ever since I was forbidden to drive they've driven me places I needed to go.  Somehow they've managed to convince me they're just helping a friend, which is a big accomplished.  I can be stubborn.  I thought of them right away when I was started this blog.  I made these two cranes for them.  Bev's crane is purple!


Bev has had severe Fibromyalgia for years.  Sometimes, she is in so much pain that it is hard for her to move.  She has been instrumental in schooling me about living with chronic illness, and consistently tells me to listen to my body.  I think I have gotten a bit better at that, lately! ;)  I picked this prayer for Bev because she had told me countless times God would work things out.  I found it hard to believe her.  Every time she was right.

God is our hope and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved,
and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof rage and swell,
and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.

There is a river, the streams whereof make glad the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

Chrissy suffers from multiple health problems, including seizures and hearing loss.  Luckily her seizures are under control now, but for awhile she would be rushed to the emergency room more than once a week because she would not stop seizing.  This prayer I thought was perfect for Chrissy.  The reasons why are personal, and I'd prefer to share them just with her.

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.
God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.
As the blown grass lifts, let me rise
From sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing Thy way is wise.
God, make me brave, life brings
Such blinding things.
Help me to keep my sight;
Help me to see aright
That out of dark comes light.


I think that public awareness campaigns have made more people accepting of Fibromyalgia, but there is still a distrust of the diagnosis floating out there in the public. If you have a friend or loved one with Fibromyalgia, believe them and support them.  An important part of support with chronically ill people is understanding when they need to cancel on plans.  We're not canceling on you: our disease is!  People with Fibromyalgia are in a lot of pain, and experience brain fog, severe fatigue and other health problems on a daily basis.  Some people are completely disabled from Fibromyalgia.  The National Fibromyalgia Association is a good place to learn more!

I also just have to share some of the hearts I've made for Valentine's day. They're too fun to make.


This disease is bizarre.  Yesterday I lay in bed all day abjectly, terribly ill, and today I feel better than I have in months.  I'm overwhelmed with NOT feeling like death warmed over.  I'm starting a new high dose antibiotic on Monday though, so...we shall see. I also updated my profile, because I just found out about my co-infections.  Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment