Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sarah: Crane #3

Here is the crane I made for Sarah:


I decided to post hers on Christmas because I made her a green crane, for Lyme, and a red box, to make it a Christmas-y theme.  So, Merry Christmas to Sarah, and those that celebrate it, and Happy Holidays/December Season to those who don't!

My mom just made the most amazing feast!

When I was first diagnosed with Lymes, a close friend from back in high school mentioned a family friend had been sick with Lyme for a long time.  He asked if I wanted to talk to her, and I said I would.  And so through these...interesting circumstances, Sarah and I met!  It was a great thing, because Sarah lives close to me, in the tick-ridden lands of eastern Pennsylvania.  We plan to meet at a future support group, when I am able to go.

Going on the Christmas theme, I decided on this prayer for Sarah.  It's a poem called "Christmas Wish" by Myra Scovel

God give you blessings at Christmas time;
Stars for your darkness, sun for your day,
Light on the path as you search for the Way,
And a mountain to climb.
God grant you courage this coming year,
Fruit for your striving, friends if you roam,
Joy in your labor, love in your home,
And a summit to clear

I asked Sarah what she'd like me to talk about for this blog post, and she told me I could say what I wanted.  I'm not quite sure she knew what she was unleashing, but I shall try to restrain myself.  She also said: "I'm just a person with Lyme who also wants to help others any way that I can! God bless." I think that describes her more than she knows!

Sarah is getting better and is maintaining an impressively healthy lifestyle.  She's even made a blog about Lyme and her battle with it to help other people with the disease.  To all the Lymies who read this, her website is a great inspiration and full of good info:


This blog is already Lyme-filled, but I think for all the people who don't know that much about Lyme, I'd recommend watching this extended trailer from the documentary Under Our Skin.  It's only about five minutes long, and really drives home what it's like to live with Lyme today:


So happy holidays, everyone!  And Merry Christmas, Sarah. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ariel, you are a gem! Thanks so much. It's neat to be friends with someone and not to even have met, YET. I will catch up with you after the holidays. Thanks for the kind words. They warmed my heart!!! Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Isn't it neat, though? I'm of the digital generation, for better or worse, haha, so I've had the experience before. Thank you for your comment--I'm glad that they did! Hope your holiday was wonderful. <3 Ariel

    ReplyDelete